Sompion koulu is a a comprehensive school of grades 1-9 with about 720 pupils (aged from 7 to 16 years) and 60 teachers. In addition to basic education, we have several classes where special needs education is provided. We have also one class in every grade that emphasizes music in teaching and learning. In the upper grades (7-9) there is also one class in every grade that emphasizes physical education or drama in teaching and learning.
CONTENT OF THE VISIT|
- General introduction of the school, which includes single-structure basic education, shared leadership and teamwork, flexible teaching and learning between mainstream education and special needs education, guidance counselling for further studies, pupil welfare.
- The guests may attend lessons of variable subjects, where they can observe different methods of learning, eg. learning by doing.
- Tour of the school.
- class teacher
- special needs teachers
- special class teacher
- school welfare group
- guidance counselors
- part-time special needs education
- flexible basic education
- optional subject
- emphasis of music (grades 1–9)
- emphasis of sports (grades 7–9)
- emphasis of drama (grades 7–9)
- pupil welfare
- pupil multiprofessional team
- single-structure basic education
- voluntary additional basic education
- subject-based instruction
- special needs rehabilitative education
- special needs assistant
- eligibility for further studies
- guidance counselling
- on-the-job learning
- joint application system
- grade-independent studies